Friday, March 12, 2010

Lies, I Tell You! Lies!

A favorite in the blogging community, Mr. DL Hammonds , did me the honor of bestowing this award upon me recently:

Now that I have my DSL up and running (celebrate!), I can give this award the love it deserves. I've enjoyed seeing this one pandied around the blogosphere and can only hope to do it justice. I believe the rules call for 6 lies and 1 truth? We'll see if I can even come up with 6 decent lies; if not, I may alter the rules. 

  1. I was born in Germany and did not move to the United States until I was 6. 
  2. I once stopped traffic to rescue a wild turkey out of the road. 
  3. I have given mouth-to-mouth (nose) resuscitation to a bulldog and saved its life this way. 
  4. I used to compete in ballroom dancing competitions during college. 
  5. I taught myself ventriloquism when I was 12. 
  6. I love clowns! 
  7. I'm a huge movie buff--you name it, I've seen it.
Okay! I managed to come up with six lies...so let's see what you think! 

Now, I'm going to pass this on to the lovely Jen Daiker. Looking forward to her response!

I haven't done my 1k words for the day yet, but I'm planning on getting on that as soon as I'm done with this blog and before PT @ 3:30. Don't forget to check it out and join the madness!

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are tough. I'm going with #1

Unknown said...

Me?! Really!!! How fantastic thanks Summer! I'll need to put my thinking cap on pronto! This is one of my favorite awards to read, and as usual you never let me down with your posts!!

Now this is tough... which of the following statements is true... I'm interested in knowning!! My guess is... #4 reason is because I think this is farthest from the truth so it must be true!!!

Unknown said...

Oh and good luck with your writing!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Wow about the dog. That's amazing. Love movies too. :)

sarahjayne smythe said...

Great lies. :) I'll go with number 7.

DL Hammons said...

Wow...those are some doozies! I think I'm going to go with #2, because that's something I think you would do.

Yay for high speed! Life is normal again. :) Good luck with your 1K.

Christine Danek said...

Great lies! I will go with #6. Happy writing:)

Anne Gallagher said...

# 4 is the truth.

Shelley Sly said...

Awesome list, but my gut says #4 is the truth. I'll wait and see... :)

Hannah said...

I'm going to go with number 7. You seem like a huge movie buff. Great list. I'm trying to make up my own but am horrible at lying...when it comes to me, not made-up fictional characters. ;)