Sunday, March 14, 2010

Answers, etc.

I'm going to be scheduling the next post, which will be my entry for John Paul's Drunk At First Sight Blogfest, as I'm leaving for Florida for my grandfather's memorial tomorrow night. Looking forward to reading all the entries when I get back!

I haven't made any progress on the 50k/50 day challenge; between the stress of Granddaddy's passing and doing the big haul of moving the rest of the way out of our old apartment over the weekend, I can barely remember my own name, let alone write, but I'm hoping to catch up once I get home later this week.

And now for the answers to my lies... But before that, let me just say that I loved your answers, but only ONE person got it right...


I was born in Germany and did not move to the United States until I was 6. FALSE. I was born in Berlin, but my family moved back to the US when I was one.


I once stopped traffic to rescue a wild turkey out of the road. TRUE! Congrats, DL--you got me pegged! I saved the turkey and stashed it in my trunk wrapped up in a jacket until animal services arrived. 

I have given mouth-to-mouth (nose) resuscitation to a bulldog and saved its life this way. FALSE. But my supervisor at work actually did, and I thought it was a great story! I'd totally do it, just FYI...


I used to compete in ballroom dancing competitions during college. FALSE. Totally. I don't know how to ballroom dance really well, but I did take a course with my brother. I like to tango! 

I taught myself ventriloquism when I was 12. FALSE. I tried, but failed miserably. 

I love clowns! SO, SO FALSE! I frickin' HATE clowns. Gah...

I'm a huge movie buff--you name it, I've seen it. FALSE. Quite the opposite, in fact. You name it, I probably HAVEN'T seen it. Books, though...different story. 

So there we have it! I got a kick out of your answers, though. :-) 

Tomorrow's post will be only my Blogfest, but when I return, I'm planning another big helpful list from The Writer magazine. 


Evan, me, Granddaddy, and Grandma at our wedding, May 2008. 
He was quite the little leprechaun. :-)

9 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I'm so sorry about your grandfather. He does look like the little leprechaun. You were very lucky to have him for so long. God Bless.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your granddaddy. You guys looked amazing on your wedding day! At least he was able to see you wed, I was fortunate enough to have my grandma at my wedding but my other sisters were not.

Way to go DL!!! This award was so much fun thanks again for pegging me!! I'm going to share my truth tomorrow or Wednesday!!

Bish Denham said...

My condolences. Celebrate his life!

amanda h. said...

so sorry to hear about your granddaddy. but what a great picture to remember him by! still love looking at your wedding pictures. :)

how far is where you are now from athens? my spring break is in a few weeks and i need to plan some summer time in my life!

Luna said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, Summer. Thinking of you and your family. That's a beautiful picture of you on your wedding day. Take care...

Shelley Sly said...

I'm sorry about your grandfather. Your family picture is beautiful. It sounds like you have loving memories of him, which are irreplaceable. It's always difficult to lose someone, but sometimes holding onto pleasant memories can help.

Oh, and I'm the same way about movies. People say, "Have you seen (title)?" and I go, "huh?" But books, on the other hand, I know much better.

Dread Pirate Lainey said...

I am sorry about your grandfather. He really does look like a mischievous leprechaun! Something for your perusal when you have time.

http://www.sfwa.org/2009/08/fantasy-worldbuilding-questions/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So sorry about your grandfather. Travel safe.

And I think clowns are creepy, too.

DL Hammons said...

Am I good or what?

My thoughts will be with you over the next several days. :)