Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday Award Show

I thought this was fitting. Awards shows are always on Sundays, you know?
I'm wearing this:


Or maybe this:


You can decide.

Either way, I finally got my act together and hunted down some awards that have been floating out in the 'sphere with my name on them.

I probably missed some. Please forgive me. My memory is like swiss cheese (oooh, cheese!).

Without further ado, I give you:


I think this is a very cute award, and it was bestowed upon me by an old friend, Christine Danek, and a new friend, Talli Roland. Both great ladies! Check 'em out.

I'm giving this out to some old friends whom I look forward to reading every day:



My other award is known as the Picasso Award, and was given to me by Jon Paul from Where Sky Meets Ground

This award calls for 7 Truths:

1. I bite my fingernails.
2. I can't touch my toes.
3. I'm allergic to nickel.
4. When I met my now-husband, I was engaged, and he had a girlfriend. 
5. I like to play video games. 
6. Even though I keep swearing I'm giving it up, I can't stop watching Grey's Anatomy
7. I don't believe in the concept of "the one." 

I'm passing this along to some old and new folks who brighten my every day. (#8: I check my email about once every fifteen minutes.) 

  • Alex J. Cavanaugh. I wonder what that "J." stands for? 
  • J. Kaye. A true study in writing discipline, and a great cheerleader! 
  • Natalie Murphy. Because I secretly wish I was Canadian AND still in college! 
  • Shelley Sly. I love her stories from talking with strangers. 
  • Michael Emeritz. He Rick-Rolled me on April Fools'! Gotta give him props for that. 
  • Gina-Leigh Maxwell. Support her as she tries regulating her blogging schedule! 

Whew, almost done! And I almost forgot this one! See? Swiss cheese brain!

Gina-Leigh Maxwell and Amanda J.  gave me this awesome award. 


This award originated here.

And I pass the Prolific Blogger award to:

  • Amanda. She's my real-life friend (yes, I have them!) and definitely a prolific blogger! She's training to run the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. I love her and her cutie baby. 
  • Jen Daiker. My soul-sista! You know I could have an awards show without showing her some love. 
  • Crystal Cook. She's an awesome blogger, writer, and artist! 
  • DL Hammons. He's probably gotten this one before. He's so awesome, he gets all the awards. But this one's pretty manly-looking, so he should like that. ;-) 

Alright! Hope I didn't miss any...

Stay tuned for tomorrow's "D" post!

19 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulations to all award winners most deserved I'm sure.

Yvonne,

Talli Roland said...

Congrats on all the awards! Well deserved! And congrats to all the winners.

(I want to hear more about how you met your husband! ) :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Congrats, thanks, and I'm doing my own blog post today about awards I'm GIVING OUT like the Easter Bunny.

Christi Goddard said...

Congrats to the recipients! Good idea, though. I really need to go back and find mine to give out. I'm such a procrastinator.

Aubrie said...

The first dress looks a bit chilly. I think I'd go with choice #2. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards, good lady. Could you, uh, combine the outfits, though? Perhaps you could wear the robe over the slinky gold-lame thing. Y'know, in case you get cold. Um...

DL Hammons said...

This morning my son awoke to find that the Easter Bunny left him several presents. Bakugan toys and clothes.

I awoke to discover an Award waiting for me from Summer...a blogging favorite.

Hands down....I win!!

Congrats to all the other recipients, who I will be checking out shortly. And thank you Summer. Have an awesome Easter!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you so much and a Hoppy Easter to you. :)

Natalie Murphy said...

Thanks darling =)

You still want to be in college?!?!?! Trade...?

Unknown said...

Congrats, everyone! :)

Swimmer said...

Congrats on the awards(and I defenitlly think you should wear the 1st one!☺)

Hannah said...

Thank you, Summer!! No, YOU're all kinds of awesomme!

amanda h. said...

thanks, summer!

i do have one complaint, though... i really wish you wouldn't be so modest with your wardrobe choices. there, i said it.

what's your week look like? i'm on spring break! paul is working monday, tuesday, wednesday...

Unknown said...

Congrats, Summer!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I was looking for my name on the SWISS CHEESE BRAIN Award. You must be hoarding it. You're smiling, right?

I blog-surfed onto your site and enjoyed it immensely. I participated in the FIRST PAGE blogfest Friday and ran into so many interesting people. Hope your new week goes smoothly.

Come by my blog, WRITING IN THE CROSSHAIRS. http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/
Roland

Shelley Sly said...

Congrats on these great awards, and thank you for passing one along to me! You're awesome! :)

Summer Frey said...

I should make a Swiss Cheese Brain award. That would be sweet, and I'd give it to myself right off the bat.

Yay awards! I like spreading the happy.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Congrats on all of your awards, Summer!! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Summer! It means a lot to get an award from someone whom I admire so much. :) You rock!