1. Sweat. A LOT. Even sitting in the air conditioning. Today our heat index is 100, but at least the humidity is giving us a break at 42%.
2. Eat. Also a lot. My in-laws' place is a haven for the hungry, or those of us who eat out of boredom.
3. Pet Cats. I am currently alone in the house with 6 cats. I won't lie--I wish they were all mine. Except for the one mean one:
Actual picture of Mean Cat, circa Christmas 2010.
Sub-point to 3. Clean up cat vomit. The Munchkin cat that I gifted my in-laws with 2 years ago is a (not) lean, (not) mean vomiting machine:
And since we temporarily moved our mammoth couch into the living room, Herbie has taken up residence on it, thereby gracing it with his puke. Thanks, buddy. That's gratitude for rescuing him from the shelter, I guess.
4. Almost stepped on a snake. I like to walk around barefoot. Especially outside. This was a detriment day before yesterday, when I came within 2 inches of putting my foot down on a three-foot king snake. I screamed a girly little scream, splashed some of my beverage out of my glass, and then giggled.
5. Talked to my mortgage broker many times a day. We're in the last stage of the house-buying, and now we're talking more than I talk to my husband during the day.
6. Thought about starting revisions on my novel and promptly decided I'm too frazzled. Does this really need elaboration?
7. Bought a new mattress. What we used to sleep on was 15 years old, being saved by a 2-inch Tempur-Pedic topper. Memorial Day gave us 40% off an awesome mattress that is basically going to be like sleeping on a well-supported cloud.
8. Checked out a ton of books. I'm bored out of my wits, so I might as well give in and read all day, draped in cats. I'm embracing it, folks. Soon you won't receive mail from me without there being a dozen cat hairs inside the envelope.
9. Thought incessantly about the house and wished we were moving in already. Rinse & repeat.
What have you been up to lately? Please write long, detailed answers. I'm bored here.