Friday, January 29, 2010

In Search Of

I'm going to start looking for a crit group today.

I don't even know when the appropriate time is to start having your work critiqued, but at 25% completion, I'm ready for some feedback, methinks.

Seems there's a lot out there for YA writers, but I'm looking for urban fantasy...

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Am I too soon?

Update: Good grief. Yahoo! Groups is like my worst navigation nightmare. Kudos to anyone who ever found anything remotely helpful there.

Update Again: Never underestimate the power of Facebook! About 3 minutes after posting my status as "...is in the market for a dedicated writing critique group," I got 3 enthusiastic responses from not only real life friends, but friends who live nearby! I think this thing may actually pull together! 

4 comments:

Kimberly Franklin said...

Crit groups are wonderful! I hope you find one soon. : )

Luna said...

Good luck with your search! Oh, and I have an award for you...

Anonymous said...

Do you have a local group? I've never joined one, local or online, but others swear by them. :)

Summer Frey said...

J.Kaye: I'm in the process of trying to figure out logistics with some local writer friends. I'm excited about it!