1. Star Trek: The Next Generation re-runs. I grew up watching Star Trek, and I'm an unabashed lover of all things Trek. I've been to Dragon*Con twice, specifically to meet Star Trek actors. I've met Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LaVar Burton, Gates McFadden, and John DeLancie. Check this out:
Yeah, that's John DeLancie, a.k.a. "Q." And that's me. He was really tall!
I also have an autographed headshot from John, as well as an autographed headshot of LaVar Burton.
2. Herbie the Munchkin Cat: I rescued Herbie, a Munchkin, from the animal shelter where I work last summer, and gifted him to my in-laws. Fortunately, they love him, and it's impossible not to:
Sleeping is his favorite pastime.
Because Herbie likes sleeping so much, getting a picture that shows his Munchkin-ness is difficult,so make sure you check out the Wiki link. Or better yet, search "Munchkin kittens" on YouTube. You'll love it. Anyway, Herbie totally rocks my world, and I love him to death, even though he sheds like a fiend.
3. Brand New. I'm fairly new to this band, but I love them.
4. The supernatural. Vampires, wereanimals, fairies, shifters, ghosts, demons, angels, fallen angels, slayers, witches, goblins, elves--you name it, I love it. It all started when I was a wee child and the Dark Shadows remake was coming on in the late 80's. My mom and I would watch it together. Later, when the Sci-Fi channel started playing the original Dark Shadows, Mom and I watched it together every morning. She's where I get my love of the ghoulies from, I think.
5. The mountains. I lived in Brevard, NC until I was six, and have lived in Northeast Georgia for the last 18 years. If I have my way, I'm always going to live in or as close to the mountains as possible.
The road in front of my parents' house in summer. Pretty fairy-tale, huh?
6. Epic movie soundtracks. Elfman, Zimmer, Shore--love it, love it. Mainly what I listen to when I write.
7. Shopping. Yeah...it's true. But I'm also a bargain hunter. My favorite store is TJ Maxx, hands-down.
8. Kudzu. I hope everyone knows what that is...seems like not everyone's as familiar with this pesky plant as Southerners. It's technically a horrible weed, but I think it's awesome!
These were "trees" outside one of my apartments in Athens.
9. Skittles. 'Nuff said.
10. My hubby. He's really number one, but I like to save the best for last. This is one of my favorite photos, from our wedding reception:
All his idea. Pretty sweet, huh?
Now, for blogs that make me happy? Just look at my blogroll, friends...just look at it. Then add a million.