Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It's Dusty In Here.

Hey blog. Feeling neglected? It's okay. You'll get over it.

I thought I'd keep on the roll of the every-four-months blog post. Because, why not?

Things are good. I've been an RN for almost a year now, shy of a few weeks. It's pretty awesome, though it consumes 99% of my life.

Highlights are the patient whom I bonded with over urban fantasy novels, all the nursing students I've worked with, the preceptoring I've done, and all the shit I've learned.

I'm getting a promotion in May. I'll be the charge nurse on one rotation. Scary, exciting, good opportunity.

I'm through my first semester of grad school. I'm in the Nurse Educator program now. Turns out I was supposed to be a teacher--just not an English teacher! Between grad school and work, my life is very, very boring and all about nursing, all the time.

I write maybe once every 2-3 weeks. Nonetheless, I'm almost done on my last revision of The Book. The book that still needs a title.

Health is better. Veganism suits me, I'm running regularly again, and I only twist my ankles every other day at work. I fell trying to get into the house from the garage two days ago, and I lay on the concrete ground thinking, "this is what it's like to be old."

I'm going to have to change the blog name soon...

Oh, did I mention I got a new house? It snowed on us in Georgia. A LOT. I got stuck at the hospital for days....

But the dog loved it!

Playing with Dog Dad. Total snow accumulation was about 9 inches.


And that, webby friends, is that. Life is monotonous, but good. It's that time when you talk to someone every six months and can genuinely say, "Nothing has changed."

And that ain't so bad.

3 comments:

Sarah Ahiers said...

Yay!! A blog post!

Obviously we also had a snowy winter. But it was snowy even for us. Lots of cars stuck in the driveway this year. Fun times!

I can't believe your first semester is done already! Mine doesn't end until June (and next semester starts in July)

Are you going to be doing any gardening this year? Or does school and work kind of take it off the table?

Linda G. said...

Howdy, stranger! Glad all is well on the nursing front. :)

Unknown said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one who loses track of blogging! Glad things are going well for you. :)