Since the novel is set here in the dirty South, I really wanted the little giveaways to represent that, but then I figured that nobody really wanted a jar of red clay, mosquitoes, and a bottle of 100 degree/100% humidity air.
So I thought I'd do something revision-related.
I'd love to give everyone a pony, but Evan and I are still pinching pennies, so here's what the prize be:
Sorry the photo is dark, but the flash kept glaring out some of the stuff, so here's what's what:
1. Eats Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
2. A cute little "Great Ideas" memo pad
3. A plaque that will no doubt speak to all of us...
4. And a bag of Green & Black's organic dark chocolate (70% cacao)--because we could all use some chocolate sometimes, right?
I will use randomizer.org to choose the winner. Or maybe I'll number all the grass in my yard, then see which one survives after the mowers come. Or...maybe I'll let a kitten pick. That would be awesome.
Here be the Rules of Engagement:
1. Must be a follower
2. Must be a human*
3. Must be in the US/Canada (sorry)
4. Must agree that Picard was the best Star Trek captain*
5. Must like cheese*
Here be how To Enter:
1. For ONE point: be a new follower! As in, after today!
2. For TWO points: be an old follower! Don't be fooled--the scent of mothballs is SEXY!
3. Tell me what you'd do first if HOLODECKS were real!
4. Pet a fuzzy kitten--if none is available, pretend.
5. FOR FIVE POINTS: tell me something about the Deep South, whether or not it may be true
What NOT TO DO:
1. You don't have to pimp me on Twitter/Facebook/your blog. But please feel free.
2. IF you win, don't eat all the chocolate at one time.
I'm not fancy enough for a Mr. Linky, so just do it...in the comments. Group-like.
Also, I don't have a fancy giveaway title. So if you DO decide to give me pimpage, please give me an awesome one. Thanks.
PS: Stay tuned tomorrow for a special photo op of ME and this guy:
*These aren't really necessary, but kudos if you meet these parameters!